Thursday, October 11, 2012

How Pinterest inspired our wedding!


So like most girls I always wanted to have a wedding! And when I finally met my man I knew that we were going to have the best wedding ever, and a marriage that was even better. From the moment I met D my dream wedding Pinterest board became a reality and blew up!
I was so inspired by so many people and ideas, I knew that I wanted a DIY wedding and since D and I are creative people DIY was the only way to go. 
We planned every element and had an amazing crew of people that helped us make it all happen.

First it started with the hunt for our wedding site. I had wanted to get married on a farm and have the reception in a barn. He wanted me to have what I wanted. We were on an low budget so the hunt was on. We spent hours looking online and driving all around Indiana. We found places and they were either too expensive, too dirty, too far away or the date was booked. All I can say is that I left many places broken hearted. Then the day came when my honey sent me this link. I looked at this place online and sent an e-mail to see if they even did events. Within moments I got an email back and planned a visit. As soon as we met the Dull's and saw the site we knew this was where we were going to get married.



Next it was the design of our website. My amazing husband is a wonderful designer and although he dislikes doing websites he still did ours and I love it. We knew we wanted our colors to be orange, blue and gray.  From there my man designed our logo, our invites, our favor cards, our table numbers, our plasticware stamp, our programs and thank you cards. 
The Logo
The coffee favors

The table numbers & coffee favors
The coffee favors
Our plasticware stamp on the envelopes they were in

The program
While he was busy with all the design I found a dress maker on Etsy and ordered my custom dress. I wanted a belt but paying more than my $200 dress for a belt was crazy, so I found a belt at Anthropologie and modified it myself. 
My dress and the belt
My dress
Then I gathered the troops. I shared with a friend my idea for flowers and she stepped up and made it all happen. His mom and Grandma made the guys bow ties. Everyone gathered blue ball jars and another friend took all the random burlap and fabric and made the table runners. A whole bunch of friends made the dessert table happen. My bridesmaid and friend Amy was our AMAZING dj. And another friend Jose ran our photo booth. 
My lovely flowers
Seeing them for the 1st time
More awesome flowers and on of the bow ties
More flowers.
Guys with their bow ties
Desserts made by many and our cake made by my bridesmaid Arin
Amy dreamcatcher my bridesmaid and dj, also recently in the Oprah magazine for an Organization she runs

Jose our photo booth photog
Ok I'm done for now. Don't worry the post and photos on the ceremony are yet to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment